Assistant Manager Job Description
Home Essentials is an independently owned, brand name manufacturers outlet store. We are known for our amazing selection of quality products ranging from Dyson vacuums & fans, Black + Decker power, lawn and garden tools, to Philips’s shavers, personal care products and electronics. You will also find many brand name small appliances and housewares from Cuisinart, T-Fal, Krups, Hamilton Beach and many more at the guaranteed lowest price!
We are seeking a positive, highly engaged assistant manager, who enjoys working with the public to join our team at our location in the Tanger outlet mall, Cookstown.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the overall productivity and profitability of the store through providing customer service excellence and driving sales, while focusing on customer retention.
- Participate in all daily store operations including sales and customer service, receiving, restocking, merchandising, and store cleanliness.
- Make decisions that supports the customer and the business
- Assist in the development of a strong team of associates and act as liaison between the team and the store manager
- Takes initiative and maintains awareness of store promotions, events, prices etc.
- High level of engagement while providing an expert level of product knowledge.
- Actively sell replacement plans and suggesting add on products.
- The ability to think on one’s feet and make quick informed decisions is critical
- Minimum of 1 year management/supervisory experience in a sales driven environment where product knowledge and ability to close the sale are key.
- A keen eye for merchandising without the use of a planogram.
- Ability to work under pressure and assist multiple customers during peak times.
- The availability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. As well as willingness to cover sick calls/come in early/stay late when needed.
- This position requires the successful manager to be at the store when the current store manager is not, expect to work multiple evenings each week.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and multitasking abilities.
- Full time 30+ hours/week
- Competitive experience-based salary plus bonus opportunities
- Attractive associate discount program
- Benefits program
- Opportunities for development & advancement
Please email your resume to