Store Associate Job Description
Home Essentials is an independently owned, brand name manufacturers outlet store. We are known for our amazing selection of quality products ranging from Dyson vacuums & fans, Black + Decker power, lawn and garden tools, to Philips’s shavers, personal care products and electronics. You will also find many brand name small appliances and housewares from Cuisinart, T-Fal, Krups, Hamilton Beach and many more at the guaranteed lowest price!
We are seeking a positive, highly engaged store team member, who enjoys working with the public to join our team at our location in the Tanger outlet mall, Cookstown.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the overall productivity and profitability of the store through providing customer service excellence and driving sales, while focusing on customer retention.
- Participate in all daily store operations including sales and customer service, receiving, restocking, merchandising, and store cleanliness.
- Takes initiative and maintains awareness of store promotions, events, prices etc.
- High level of engagement while providing an expert level of product knowledge.
- Actively sell replacement plans and suggesting add on products.
- The ability to think on one’s feet and make quick informed decisions is critical
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a sales driven environment where product knowledge and ability to close the sale are key.
- A keen eye for merchandising without the use of a planogram.
- Ability to work under pressure and assist multiple customers during peak times.
- The availability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. As well as willingness to cover sick calls/come in early/stay late when needed. Expect to work the majority of evenings/weekends.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and multitasking abilities.
- Part time hours approx. 8 – 20+ hours/week
- Competitive experience-based salary plus bonus opportunities
- Attractive associate discount program
- Opportunities for development & advancement
Please email your resume to